Monday, August 5, 2013

The Breakwater

I followed her to the garage as she immediately got in the car. I was lucky I got in before she started it.
 
“Are you still mad at me? Can we just forget what happened?”
 
She stared directly at the driveway as we sped off, not minding what I said. She always does this – pretending she’s not hearing anything everytime I say something that she didn’t like, or if I’m giving her crap reasons.
 
“Fine. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again…”
 
She smiled, though her thick sunglasses hid her eyes.
 
Okay, I told myself. That’s a start.
 
“I’m not just used to seeing you with other guys…” I stared outside the window as people and things passed by like a blur. “And clearly, that guy has a crush on you.”
 
“And why did Greta even introduce you like… Like that?” I gulped. “Like you were available or something. I was just there!”
 
“Good thing you left! Otherwise, I would have smacked that guy’s face off!”
 
“Oh Harry…” Finally, she said my name like a song. A sad one, as I can feel from her tone.
 
“I’m really sorry…” My plea was cut off when the car stopped. I was blinded by the sun as I’ve heard the waves crash on the breakwater.
 
I suddenly remembered this place. This was where I first met her. Where she almost ended her life but ended up having a new one with me…
 
I barely noticed that she was already out of the car, and she was already walking towards the sea wall. I tried to race towards her but she got there first, facing the horizon, over the empty seas.
 
“I have to let you go…”
 
“Wa… Wait… What?” My heart stopped, but my legs were determined to take her back, worried that she might try to do it again.
 
“I miss you so much… I can’t bear this anymore…”
 
“Bear what? For crying out loud, we’re living together!” I screamed at her as the waves were deafening, or maybe, my heart was just pounding too loud I couldn’t hear the words I was trying to say.
 
When I finally reached her, she was opening a jar she was holding, as she soon waved her hands as the dust floated along with the salty air. I don’t know what’s wrong with the dusts but it glimmered like diamonds when the sun’s rays hit it.
 
“I love you, Harry…” she murmured as tears fell on her pale cheeks.
 
Then it struck me.
 
“I love you too…” I whispered as God’s hands brought me back to the Light.

1 comment:

  1. :( you make me smile and cry at the same time, why do you do this to me :(

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!