Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Valentine's Date

I swear I heard her voice calling out my name amidst the incessant and mindless blabber of couples enjoying this ecstatic day inside this famous bistro. I swear, I felt the tingling sensation of the excitement that she would be back, would sit infront of me and would share the night's elevated passion, of Valentine's and all it's exorbitant offerings.

But she's nowhere to be found, and again, I am a lost child in this raucous paranoia of mixed happiness and adoration. Lost in a place where all were celebrating the love they share, while I stared back, mourning of being alone.

I continued sipping my wine as I ogled each occupied table - watching couples share intimate and quick kisses, mindful of not being caught by the public eye. I swear I felt resentful of not being with her today, and the fact that I even made the effort of being physically present to where I should no longer belong.

I've lost her - but it seemed that I haven't given up the fight.

Fight?

Was there a fight?

Or do I still need to consider this as a fight even if she already gave up?

I loved her and I still do - with every fiber of my entirety. I can give every heartbeat, every breath, every single moment life could bless. I would let go, just to be with her - again.

For six years I lived my life with her, shared every day as our love deepened, as our passion amplified to the extent that I knew my heart would cease from beating if ever we part. For six years, my life was in an aria of intense joy, of extreme contentment...

Of extreme love...

But suddenly, the song ended. Life played a different medley, and in an instant, I lost her.

She's gone...

I looked up the cloudless sky, as stars shone brightly like it never had before, wondering if she's there, looking back at me - wishing she could be with me, as I enjoyed this sumptuous dinner we usually shared together.

"Happy Valentine's, my sweetheart..." as I raised my wine glass, imagining she was still with me...

Then, the wind blew me a soft kiss... as my eyes closed, as my lips lingered the tormenting memory of her lips kissing mine...

I swear I knew it was her...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!