Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Cycle





Day 1
So many things to fix and I figured out I have no time to rest. Whatever happened to the previous crew sure did a bad job maintaining this station. I need to check on the hydraulics and the solar panels since it seems buggy. Have to inform HQ that the previous crew deserves a medal. A medal for being worthless. Damn this.

Day 3
The food is already getting in to me considering I know that everything is being recycled. I think I won't take a bath that often...

Day 9
Finally, I saw Earth from the window. Well, kinda. Seeing that dot over the blackness of space makes me feel a little less... how should I say this... Hmm. Alone? I'm thinking that billions of people are looking at the sky, wondering what's beyond them - not knowing that I'm looking at them as just a dot.

I can just... squish that dot into oblivion. I wonder if that's how God feels like doing thinking how messed up we've become.

Day 10
I heard a sound near the engine room. I'm not sure what that is but it's bugging me all throughout the day. Day? Haha. The thought of the twenty four hour clock amused me. Time flies SO slowly here. You wake up and it's the same darkness. Same damn emptiness. How I wish I was sent here with at least anyone. I'd settle for a dog.

Hmm nevermind. I don't want to share my recycled water with a dog. That's pretty much disgusting.

Day 19
Finally fixed everything. I just need to wait for my shuttle to send me back to HQ. If only I don't have to wait for two days to receive their response. Darn! There it goes again. I have to check where *that* tapping comes from. For some reason, it's beginning to get louder and louder. Arrgh. This is b*llshit.

Day 23
HQ finally replied. They said that I have to wait for seven days before they send a shuttle back home. I'm getting impatient. Seven effin days in space is like seven years in hell. And THAT tapping is going to make me nuts. Even if I boost my headset to max and listen to anything, IT'S STILL THERE!

Tap... Tap... Tap... Tap... Fuck.

Day 26
I found a door near the engine room but it's sealed tight. I already sent an inquiry to HQ because the sound has been resonating from there. Told them that the "irritating" sound seemed like a pen tapping a pan. It's really driving me crazy since it just won't stop.

Day 29
I finally figured out how to open that door. Apparently, the previous crew was trying to open the same thing before he was sent back. Too bad I wasn't able to meet him back in HQ so I was able to ask him what went wrong and why he needed a replacement. Hopefully I will be able to fix this fucking tapping before my replacement gets here. I don't want him to suffer the same torment that I had. If only the new crew would see what this station looked like when I first came here, he sure would be giving me an award for fixing EVERYTHING.

And yeah, it's my last day today in here. HQ's shuttle will be arriving tomorrow. Finally.

Day 1
Fuck, what the fuck happened here? HQ should have told me that I would be assigned in HELL! That previous crew sure did a great job in making sure everything is fucking messed up! Oh well, I have to fix the panels and and the leaking hydraulics.



Image taken from http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/whycassini/cassini20130722.html#.Ue3-8mQ6V74

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!