Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Experiment

The microscope revealed that the experiment I've been working on tirelessly for years was a success. A new organism that can adapt to its environment and its capability to multiply in a short span of time was remarkable.

The organisms even survived when I accidentally dropped too much liquid in the petri dish where I was testing its survivability. I thought the cells would mutate, however, it did something new. Something unexpected.

It adapted.

Within a few moments after I cleared the liquid out of the glass container, the organisms started to multiply.

Within an hour, the cells branched out, moving from one location to the other, almost occupying the entire dish.

Each branch then soon resulted to a different organism. When I zoomed in my lens to check each new cells, I've concluded that the organisms mutated to a variety of spectrum that made them look different from each other. Puzzled, I zoomed out and noticed that the cells still looked the same as it was before.

I was in awe when I saw the organisms tried to eradicate a weaker group which was cut off from the other branches. I wrote in my journal that the cells also show aggression towards a weaker branch and would then soon occupy the vacant space for it to grow its superior clones.

However, I've concluded that no matter how strong the organisms were, they were not immune to any abnormalities and have shown vulnerability to certain types of viruses.

It was just an hour passed when the branches soon mixed, mutually benefitting from each other. It seemed that the organisms finally recognized that they were all the same.

I smiled as I closed the petri dish after I labeled it with my pen. I stood up with a happy heart as I walked to the cryo and stored my greatest discovery. From the clear door of the freezer, I read aloud the label of the petri dish I just stored...

"HUMANS".

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you!